Schools for kids are about to open and this week, I plan to prepare a few things in advance and store them or freeze them so they may be used from Monday on wards for kids lunch boxes.
Chicken Mince kebabs recipe is what I am sharing with you here. Chicken mince kebabs make a healthy lunch box snack or you can serve them in the evenings after play time. You can have them fresh or freeze them for use later on, just like those ready frozen packets of meals we buy from the markets.
These kebabs are a great favorite of my own kids and what they do is, that they insert the kebab in a bun and sprinkle some mayonnaise, some ketchup and top it up with shredded onion, cabbage and cheese. That makes a chicken mince kebab burger!
What you will need to make Chicken Mince Kebabs:
Chicken Mince 1/2 kg (washed and drained very well)
Bread 4 slices
Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Green chilies chopped 1/2 tbsp
Red pepper 1 tsp
Soy Sauce 1 tsp
Chinese Salt 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (roasted and crushed) 1 tsp
Fresh mint leaves few
salt to taste
What you will do is:
1. Soak bread slices in a little water and squeeze them to take out all extra water.
2. Put chicken mince in a big dish and put bread slices over it.
3. Now put all spices in the dish, including fresh mint leaves.
4. Mix the mince up very well using your hands, such that bread lumps do not remain in the mince and it becomes uniform.
5. Keep the mince in the fridge for an hour to marinate well. You can skip this step if you want.
6. Now roll out mince in small balls and flatten them to make kebabs.
7. Beat the egg separately and pour out some bread crumbs in a dish.
8. Roll each kebab into the beaten egg and then onto the bread crumbs so they may stick on to it.
9. Spread the kebabs on a tray.
10. These kebabs are ready to be fried and eaten. To freeze them, put the tray of kebabs in the freezer for a few hours. You can use them any time you want.
This is one easy and quick recipe that you must try out! It has been adopted by me and changed according to suit my children’s tastes and likes :):)